Packaging MATE for Debian

Hi,

after following up with the discussion on MATE on this list, I think
we have a consens that there are many people who'd be in favor to
getting MATE into Debian.

As Debian Wheezy is already in the freeze, MATE won't undeniably be a
part of it. Even if we still weren't in the freeze, I still don't
think MATE is yet quite ready to be uploaded to Debian. The MATE
developers are currently working on porting MATE to newer libraries so
they won't reintroduce old, unsupported stuff back into the
distributions (like Bonobo, for example).

Anyway, I have had contact with the MATE development team over the
last weeks and I already have write access to their Debian packaging
repository.

I'd therefore like to ask if anyone here would be willing to help me
to get MATE into Debian for Jessie.

Cheers,

Adrian

--