Re: Where could I upload x32 port bootstrap?

On 11/10/2012 08:15 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> 3) Memory usage of some common server workload.  E.g. email with
> amavisd-new+spamassassin (perl is a memory pig in amd64), or a LAMP stack
> with some common web application
Hi,

I cannot tell for the other use cases, but for what's above, I can,
I have a long experience of running that. That's basically what I
sell (well, rent...) as a hosting platform to hundreds of customers
running on virtual machines.

On a 32 bits platform, for running amavisd-new + spamassassin + LAMP
and a few domains installed, you need approx 400 MB. You need nearly
double that on a 64 bits platform, I'd say that the minimum would be
around 700 MB. Lower, and it would start swapping at boot time!

This makes me think that it's been years that we should have switched
to using DSPAM and clam-smtp instead of amavis and spamassassin! :)

Cheers,

Thomas