Re: Something like nocompress DEB_BUILD_OPTION
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Something like nocompress DEB_BUILD_OPTION
- From: Russ Allbery <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 15:39:55 -0800
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <CANBHLUj_Td_jpUUTe37hvbUbZNWKa+vgwpCVY31_Xr39bYWHemail@example.com> (Dmitrijs Ledkovs's message of "Thu, 8 Nov 2012 19:31:54 +0000")
- References: <CANBHLUj_Td_jpUUTe37hvbUbZNWKa+vgwpCVY31_Xr39bYWHfirstname.lastname@example.org>
Dmitrijs Ledkovs <email@example.com> writes:
> I would like to have a nocompress Debian build option that will skip any
> compression/optimisation at build time.
> Specifically dpkg-builddeb and dpkg-source should use not use any
> compression methods.
Why do you think this would be of any benefit? gzip compression is pretty
fast. It seems unlikely to me that this is a substantial bottleneck.
Russ Allbery (firstname.lastname@example.org) <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>