Re: IPv6, tentative addresses, bind(), wheezy

also sprach Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> [2012.11.03.2027 +0100]:
> Whyever not?  You can get a socket bound to a non-local address
> even without this option, if the address is removed after you
> bind.  The restriction to current local addresses is only a sanity
> check which may or may not be useful.

You are right. ntpd does this nicely, but then again it's gonna take
us years to make all upstreams implement this properly. Might be
worth to figure out an intermediate solution too.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"when women love us, they forgive us everything, even our crimes;
 when they do not love us, they give us credit for nothing,
 not even our virtues."
                                                   -- honoré de balzac