Re: IPv6, tentative addresses, bind(), wheezy

On Fri, 2012-11-02 at 23:24 +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> wheezy will be the first Debian release to feature dependency-based
> booting (insserv). I just finished installing a very simple gateway
> (IPv4 and IPv6) for a customer, and unbound is failing to start
> during a regular boot.
[...]
> I can now disable DAD, or insert "sleep 10" at the top of
> /etc/init.d/unbound, but neither is an acceptable solution.
>
> IPv6 has been a release goal for years and we are about to release
> another Debian version that does not properly cater for IPv6.
>
> What can be done?

	int one = 1;
	setsockopt(sock, IPPROTO_IP, IP_FREEBIND, &one, sizeof(one));
	bind(sock, ...);

Or we set the net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind sysctl globally, but this is
probably not a good idea.  (Note that 'v4' there is not a typo; this
would actually affect both v4 and v6.)

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
I'm always amazed by the number of people who take up solipsism because