Re: [PROPOSAL v2] Orphaning another maintainer's packages

]] Michael Gilbert

> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 5:51 AM, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

[...]

> > The new upstream release did not include any particularly compelling
> > changes for wheezy, which is why I did not update to the newer
> > upstream version.
>
> It may not have include changes interesting to you, but there was
> certainly interest to others in the hurd improvements, and I think we
> should really try to be accommodating to hurd porters as much as
> possible.

«For wheezy» is operative in my statement.  hurd is not a wheezy release
architecture, and it's actually not even part of Debian any longer any
more than HPPA or AVR32 is.  Making changes for such architectures, when
we're approaching a freeze, is pretty high on my «stuff I'm not going to
spend time on» list.

--
Tollef Fog Heen