Re: [PROPOSAL v2] Orphaning another maintainer's packages

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 01:13:25PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum writes ("[PROPOSAL v2] Orphaning another maintainer's packages"):
> >     - one week has passed since the ITO bug was submitted, and at least
> >       3 DDs supported the orphaning (possibly including the submitter
> >       of the ITO bug, if it was a DD), while nobody objected.
>
> I think one week is far too short.  I think Zack's proposed 15 days is
> still far too short.  As so many people have sid, none of this is
> urgent.
>
> I think four weeks would be much better.  A maintainer might
> reasonably go abroad for 2-3 weeks - we even have a VAC process for
> handling absences.  (And we don't want to complicate this third-party
> orphan process with references to VACs.)

I lived under the impression that we were talking about packages which
were not touched for a *long* time (way longer than four weeks).  So we
had some long waiting time X + 15 additional days proposed by Zack.  We
are not talking about stealing packages right at the first day of a
maintainers VAC, right?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--