Re: [PROPOSAL v2] Orphaning another maintainer's packages

Lucas Nussbaum writes ("[PROPOSAL v2] Orphaning another maintainer's packages"):
>     - one week has passed since the ITO bug was submitted, and at least
>       3 DDs supported the orphaning (possibly including the submitter
>       of the ITO bug, if it was a DD), while nobody objected.

I think one week is far too short.  I think Zack's proposed 15 days is
still far too short.  As so many people have sid, none of this is
urgent.

I think four weeks would be much better.  A maintainer might
reasonably go abroad for 2-3 weeks - we even have a VAC process for
handling absences.  (And we don't want to complicate this third-party
orphan process with references to VACs.)

Ian.