Re: [SUMMARY/PROPOSAL] Orphaning another maintainer's packages - delay for maintainer to react

On 10/27/2012 04:47 AM, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
For example if package is not maintained for years we can certainly wait for a
month or two before orphaning even though there may be no need to wait that
long.
This unfortunately cannot be set as a rule. Sometimes, a package that was
left unmaintained for a long time becomes a piece of something else,
maybe because it's a dependency of a new package, and needs to be
taken care of, and that's exactly when you will want to have a quick
adoption of the package, in order to not waste some maintainer / DD
time and/or delaying the achievement/upload of a project/package.