Re: Discarding uploaded binary packages

On Sat, 2012-10-20 at 20:10 +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > But my point was: if we're going to be dropping the uploaded binary
> in the first
> > place, why do we have to upload it? Source-only uploads would make
> so much more
> > sense.
>
> Only theoretical. Practical it would mean we will have many more build
> failures.

Hi,

You cant set a ranking system counting failures. Then queue uploads
according to the rank of the uploader. This way persons get responsible
by constraint, even if I think majority do not need this, but those will
never suffer from this ranking.

Of course you can keep this information internal to the system so that
only few admins should access it. You can also give the possibility for
DDs to ask resetting the ranking or make it so that it looses memory
after x uploads (could be implemented as an IIR filter).

Cheers,