Re: Speeding up dpkg triggers with a list of changes

On Mon, 2012-10-22 at 20:27:41 +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> In the specific case of mandb I'd rather just try first to make the
> interest more fine-grained (say one per manN subdir), and changing
> mandb to accept subdirs. I think that could improve the current
> situation quite a lot w/o other major changes (except for mandb
> itself, but it would need to be changed anyway to get a list of
> files, so...).

Oh, and in addition I don't see why mandb processing really needs to
be synchronous, once it gets switched to interest-noawait (after
squeeze is out), it could maybe also be switched to do the processing
in the background?

This does not reduce the amount of wasteful work done, though.

thanks,
guillem