Re: Popularity of bzr-builddeb and dh-make

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:57:18PM +0400, Игорь Пашев wrote:
> For git we have gitweb, gitolite, git-daemon, pristine-tar.
> I'd like to have similar for bzr, hg and svn.

There's nothing specific to git about pristine-tar.  In fact, it is much
more consistently used with bzr due to the top-notch bzr-builddeb workflow
than it is with git.

The last time I complained about non-pristine-tar git package repos on IRC,
I was told that pristine-tar doesn't scale.  So apparently in git usage,
folks haven't worked out that the unpacked upstream source should be tracked
as a branch instead of trying to track a pristine-tar delta against the
upstream git branch directly.