Re: Discarding uploaded binary packages

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:56 AM, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 13001 March 1977, Michael Gilbert wrote:
>
>> So, are we ready to do this?
>
> No.
> Its for after wheezy, definitely.
> Also, there are some open issues to be solved for this to happen.
> The most important is being able to deal with arch all packages. And
> worse - arch all packages able to build only on certain architectures.
> But thats outside dak and my area. Goto the buildd/wanna-build people to
> help for that.
>
> Adjusting dak then to throw away stuff and only allow buildd keys to
> have .debs pass through isn't all that hard.

Couldn't this be broken into two steps?

Step 1:  Discard arch-specific packages but keep arch all ones
            - dak throws away all arch-specific binary packages
            - also allows only buildd keys for arch-specific packages
            - but continues to allow DD keys for arch all

Step 2:  Discard all binary packages
            - implement some kind of arch all buildd solution
            - dak throws away all binary packages
            - only allows buildd key signatures

The first would be easy (for FTP masters) and would be a good initial
step forward.  The second would require some hard work and may take
some time.

Best wishes,
Mike