Re: Discarding uploaded binary packages
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:56 AM, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 13001 March 1977, Michael Gilbert wrote:
>> So, are we ready to do this?
> Its for after wheezy, definitely.
> Also, there are some open issues to be solved for this to happen.
> The most important is being able to deal with arch all packages. And
> worse - arch all packages able to build only on certain architectures.
> But thats outside dak and my area. Goto the buildd/wanna-build people to
> help for that.
> Adjusting dak then to throw away stuff and only allow buildd keys to
> have .debs pass through isn't all that hard.
Couldn't this be broken into two steps?
Step 1: Discard arch-specific packages but keep arch all ones
- dak throws away all arch-specific binary packages
- also allows only buildd keys for arch-specific packages
- but continues to allow DD keys for arch all
Step 2: Discard all binary packages
- implement some kind of arch all buildd solution
- dak throws away all binary packages
- only allows buildd key signatures
The first would be easy (for FTP masters) and would be a good initial
step forward. The second would require some hard work and may take