Re: Discarding uploaded binary packages

Hi,

On 18.10.2012 10:50, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> some DDs may upload $listofpackages including binaries.
> all DDs may upload $listofpackages including binaries.
>
> where listofpackages is those insane "needthemself" ones.
> And could be by DD.
>
> However far we want to drive this, we can.

why don't we just let people decide themselves? We already grant every
DD very liberal upload permissions to the archives because we trust them
and their capabilities. Hence, I do not think we would like something
like this despite of dak's support for it.

Pretending we had a working concept to throw away binaries and how to
deal with arch:all packages, why don't we introduce a control/changes
file flag similar in spirit to "XS-Autobuild: yes" instructing dak not
to throw away binaries upon explicit request - say "XS-keep-binary: yes".

--
with kind regards,
Arno Töll