Re: Discarding uploaded binary packages

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 05:23:22PM -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> if there is a build path sanitization issue, then if the
> user chooses to rebuild the package they will get their own rogue
> paths.  So, yes, we should always fix those issues when they're found,
> but at least for people using buildd'd packages, it's less of a
> problem.

For the build path, I see no benefit in having it be always the same on
buildds.  What about intentionally keeping the path diverse?

Heck, we could even make sure it's >4096 characters long to weed out
PATH_MAX brain damage, but that's probably something that belongs in Lucas
Nussbaum land.

--
Copyright and patents were never about promoting culture and innovations;
from the very start they were legalized bribes to give the king some income