Re: Discarding uploaded binary packages

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> That is true: if there is a build path sanitization issue, then if the
> user chooses to rebuild the package they will get their own rogue
> paths.  So, yes, we should always fix those issues when they're found,
> but at least for people using buildd'd packages, it's less of a
> problem.

Maybe someone would be interested in writing a lintian check for these
issues?  Something a bit more advanced than this

$ strings /sbin/dhclient | grep ^PATH
PATH=/home/zero79/source/git/isc-dhcp/debian/tmp/usr/sbin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

would have caught the issue (advanced aspect being that reasonable
paths are ok'd).

Best wishes,
Mike