Re: Discarding uploaded binary packages

* martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org>, 2012-10-16, 08:21:
This is my opinion but I admit I have not followed previous discussions on the subject....

http://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2004/09/msg00014.html

We have not cared enough for almost 20 years that 9 out of 10 binary packages in use (i386 until 2005, amd64 since then) are built on machines that are individually maintained according to widely varying security standards to do anything about it, AFAICT.

What makes a buildd more secure than a machine of J. Random Developer? I'm honestly curious.

--
Jakub Wilk