Re: Poll (was: Popularity of bzr-builddeb and dh-make)

Le Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:06:11PM +0200, Benjamin Drung a écrit :
> Am Freitag, den 12.10.2012, 10:04 +0800 schrieb Paul Wise:
>
> https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/Popularity_of_bzr-builddeb_and_dh-make/
>
> The poll will be closed in one week (if enough votes are collected).

Hello everybody,

if the point is to have a package that pulls everything one needs when doing
random work in Debian (as opposed with working specifically in one team where
it is predictable which helpers are used and which are not), then I do not
understand the point of not including *-buildpackage and dh-make, which are
tiny regarding to most other things that mk-builddeps will pull in later.

I think that it is exactly the case where we should not vote.  Unless the
wheight of bzr and dh-make is unbearable to otherwise users of packaging-dev,
even if the majority do not use them, what is the harm recommending them ?
Not to mention that there is no evidence that the people who vote for or
against recommending them are really using packaging-dev...

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan