Re: Hijacking^W^W^W^W^W^WSalvaging packages for fun and profit: A proposal

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 06:10:16PM +0000, Bart Martens wrote:
> > I don't know what to make of the "seconds" suggestion by Bart, though. I
> > understand the rationale, but is not clear to me how to raise the
> > interest by other DDs in reviewing the "intent to orphan" bugs filed by
> > 3rd parties. Maybe we should document to post them on -qa? That *might*
> > have the side-effect of fostering the creation of a review community for
> > these kind of actions on -qa. Mumble mumble...
>
> Posting them on -qa sounds like a good idea to me.  Can you elaborate on that
> "side-effect" ? I don't understand that part.

I just meant that if we encourage to post seconds (which are in fact
just a form of review of the intention to orphan) on a list such as -qa
(which is more specific-purpose than, say, -devel), we might end up
attracting there people who have an interest in doing this sort of
package quality review. That sounds like a useful side-effect to me. But
I'm still unsure about the benefits of the seconds principle, though.

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .