Re: Hijacking^W^W^W^W^W^WSalvaging packages for fun and profit: A proposal

Hi Arno,

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 06:48:22PM +0200, Arno Töll wrote:
> Actual proposal follows:

The proposal adds a new procedure that overlaps/bypasses existing procedures.

We have discussed that before in this thread :

What we essentially need, is a lightweight procedure to orphan individual
packages.  I propose this :

  |  Anyone can mark a package as orphaned after the following steps have been
  |  completed : Someone submits an "intent to orphan" in the bts with an
  |  explanation of why he/she thinks that the package needs a new maintainer.
  |  Anyone can submit this "intent to orphan".  At least three DD's second the
  |  "intent to orphan" on the same bug report with a cc to the maintainer.  And the
  |  maintainer does not respond within one month after the the third second.

After the package is orphaned, the rest of the "salvaging" fits in the existing

Bart Martens