Debian not suitable for SSD due to apt/dpkg?

Hi,

I am considering migrating my Debian testing system to a SSD to speed things up.
Since SSD lifetime is severely limited (about 5000 overwrites for
consumer grade MLC), I wanted to know beforehand, how much writes does
my system generate.

iostat (part of sysstat) revealed, that simple apt-get update command
generated about 250MB of writes!
We are talking about current debian testing on ext4 filesystem with
noatime option enabled.
Daily apt-get update && apt-get upgrade consumes about 1.2GB of writes
(downloaded size is usually <100MB)

Do you have similar experience? Isn't that a bit excessive? Can it be avoided?

Best Regards,
Frank