Re: Processor microcode update packages

On 29/09/2012 03:46, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

1. No html, please.

non-initrd is supported.  Read the package documentation for the details.

I did. I do not want to compile microcode tool as a module because module loading juts slows down the boot process and contrarilly to many other package requiring firmware, this one does not enable to load firmware when not compiled as a module.

So it does not work for people compiling their own kernel and not using modules (when you tailor your kernel for a given machine, modules are just slowing the boot process and do not bring anything).

-- eric