Re: mass bug filing about packages manipulating/deleting shipped files

On 12-09-19 at 05:27pm, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Jean-Christophe Dubacq
>
> > And this means that automatic management is hard, because they are
> > generated by scripts, and as such, not easy to store, compare to
> > default, etc.
>
> «default» doesn't really make any sense when it's a template that's
> filled in by debconf/maintainer scripts.

In most cases default means what is consistently resolved when
installing the package non-interactively.

...but for packages whose postinst scripts actually taking MAC address,
moon phase or other out-of-band data into account, you are right.

 - Jonas