Re: CD1 without a network mirror isn't sufficient to install a full desktop environment

Oops, yeah -- I guess I was mistaken. I was using `gnome-common' as the basis, but I guess that's even less appropriate than something, like, say ... `gnome-panel' ... But, even *more* reason to not entirely push GNOME aside for Xfce. ;)

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha@ubuntu.com> wrote:
On 9 September 2012 23:21, Ztatik Light <ztatik.light@gmail.com> wrote:
> According to popcon, Xfce is more common on Debian than GNOME... And

How do you figure that?

Just looking at popcon, GNOME is installed several more times as much
as XFCE. Even gnome-shell has more installs than xfce4-panel despite
GNOME Shell having not been included in a stable Debian release yet.