Re: greater popularity of Debian on AMD64?

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM, W. Anderson <kimalcorp@nac.net> wrote:
> It is somewhat surprising and a little disappointing that Debian, or any
> other GNU/Linux distribution would be making statements that, in effect,
> give great public support to AMD in regard Linux, when the company has for
> many years been decidedly ambivalent and generally uncooperative towards the
> Linux community, particularly in cooperation with Microsoft in their
> negative attitudes and actions toward Free/Open Source Software communities.

I fail to see how the DPN is making a statement that gives "great
public support to AMD"; it is merely a statement of fact. A high
popcon rating for an architecture or a set of packages does not mean
that Debian endorses the use of said architecture/packages.

Regards,
Vincent