Re: Bug#684396: ITP: openrc -- alternative boot mechanism that manages the services, startup and shutdown of a host
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#684396: ITP: openrc -- alternative boot mechanism that manages the services, startup and shutdown of a host
- From: Svante Signell <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 10:17:07 +0200
- Message-id: <1346573827.5554.35.camel@x60>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <E1T7vjI-0005L8email@example.com>
- References: <20120809130307.7498.64495.reportbug@localhost> <20120809135405.GA18318@bongo.bofh.it> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1344552643.4958.7.camel@tomoyo> <20120810072322.GC10872@anguilla.debian.or.at> <1344585409.4874.20.camel@tomoe> <CAOVenEp82g82SZH2hZ2gZK43jBCu7=-Tm28OQj3aEk8req5iQA@mail.gmail.com> <1346399420.3479.446.camel@pi0307572> <CAOVenEr4-5q=sb8uNrqo3GWfUte7xumih_0X8dbQkNWnxZWQqw@mail.gmail.com> <CAOVenEr4-5q=sb8uNrqo3GWfUte7xumih_0X8dbQkNWnxZWQqw@mail.gmail.com> <E1T7vjI-0005L8email@example.com>
On Sat, 2012-09-01 at 22:59 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Svante Signell wrote:
> >On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 19:34 +0300, Serge wrote:
> >> 2012/8/31 Josselin Mouette wrote:
> >> Linux is still not about choice? Then let's make it be about choice!
> >> > As for Debian not being universal, this is certainly not my saying.
> >> > But toy ports and toy init systems are part of what makes Debian less
> >> > universal: being the universal OS doesn’t mean accepting every piece
> >> > of shit, it means being able to answer every user need.
> Svante, you've been causing trouble for a long time now, using the
> excuse of being a Hurd porter.
Please, don't confuse my work on Hurd with my opinions about Debian as a
whole. I've bee using (and contributing to) Debian for a multitude of
years now, long before starting to port packages for Hurd (and
> I've been tempted to kill-file you for
> a while. But this particular message from you is so far out of line
> that I feel it needs a response. Calm down and apologise, or I will
> ask that the listmasters ban you from Debian lists.
I am completely calm. And I do apologise, I am sorry for suggesting that
somebody steps down from the project. That was wrong, admitted.
However, for the statement above, calling everything not in line with
that persons beliefs (or agenda) a "piece of shit" is also not nice,
independent of being a DD, DM or whatever. It is not productive, only
rude and showing lack of respect to other peoples work.