Re: Bug#684396: ITP: openrc -- alternative boot mechanism that manages the services, startup and shutdown of a host
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#684396: ITP: openrc -- alternative boot mechanism that manages the services, startup and shutdown of a host
- From: Steve McIntyre <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 22:59:48 +0100
- Message-id: <E1T7vjI-0005L8firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <1346526126.5554.19.camel@x60>
- References: <20120809130307.7498.64495.reportbug@localhost> <20120809135405.GA18318@bongo.bofh.it> <email@example.com> <1344552643.4958.7.camel@tomoyo> <20120810072322.GC10872@anguilla.debian.or.at> <1344585409.4874.20.camel@tomoe> <CAOVenEp82g82SZH2hZ2gZK43jBCu7=-Tm28OQj3aEk8req5iQA@mail.gmail.com> <1346399420.3479.446.camel@pi0307572> <CAOVenEr4-5q=sb8uNrqo3GWfUte7xumih_0X8dbQkNWnxZWQqw@mail.gmail.com> <CAOVenEr4-5q=sb8uNrqo3GWfUte7xumih_0X8dbQkNWnxZWQqw@mail.gmail.com>
Svante Signell wrote:
>On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 19:34 +0300, Serge wrote:
>> 2012/8/31 Josselin Mouette wrote:
>> Linux is still not about choice? Then let's make it be about choice!
>> > As for Debian not being universal, this is certainly not my saying.
>> > But toy ports and toy init systems are part of what makes Debian less
>> > universal: being the universal OS doesnâ??t mean accepting every piece
>> > of shit, it means being able to answer every user need.
>> So, if user needs to see something in debian repository then being
>> universal means having it in repository. :)
>Maybe you, Josselin, should step down from working on Debian. It looks
>like your priorities are not in line with the Debian goals and the
>Debian contract any longer. Whatever the consequences will be.
Svante, you've been causing trouble for a long time now, using the
excuse of being a Hurd porter. I've been tempted to kill-file you for
a while. But this particular message from you is so far out of line
that I feel it needs a response. Calm down and apologise, or I will
ask that the listmasters ban you from Debian lists.
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
Debian does NOT ship free CDs. Please do NOT contact the mailing
lists asking us to send them to you.