Re: Bug#684396: ITP: openrc -- alternative boot mechanism that manages the services, startup and shutdown of a host
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#684396: ITP: openrc -- alternative boot mechanism that manages the services, startup and shutdown of a host
- From: Darren Salt <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 01:36:51 +0100
- Message-id: <52CE121A1Cfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <504108ED.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20120809130307.7498.64495.reportbug@localhost> <20120809135405.GA18318@bongo.bofh.it> <email@example.com> <1344552643.4958.7.camel@tomoyo> <20120810072322.GC10872@anguilla.debian.or.at> <1344585409.4874.20.camel@tomoe> <CAOVenEp82g82SZH2hZ2gZK43jBCu7=-Tm28OQj3aEk8req5iQA@mail.gmail.com> <1346399420.3479.446.camel@pi0307572> <504108ED.firstname.lastname@example.org>
I demand that Thomas Goirand may or may not have written...
> Sure, OpenRC doesn't have (yet) all the features of systemd. But because of
> the above, it might be worth to *at least* give it a chance.
Should it have all of those features? Should it require support from other
packages? (Are all of those features appropriate?)
| _ | Darren Salt, using Debian GNU/Linux (and Android)
| ( ) |
| X | ASCII Ribbon campaign against HTML e-mail
| / \ | http://www.asciiribbon.org/
Become a programmer and never see the world.