Re: O: ted -- lightweight .DOC editor

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 01:28:39 -0500
Ztatik Light <ztatik.light@gmail.com> wrote:

> Subject: ITP: ted -- lightweight .DOC editor

There is also another package requesting the name ted - #605503. The
package should be renamed to something more unique.

Your message didn't successfully change the title of the bug - please
see bugs.debian.org for details on how to do that *if* it is your
intention to do all the Debian packaging work for this package.

> Package: wnpp
> Version: 2.22; reported 2012-01-04
> Severity: wishlist
>
> * Package name : ted
> Version : 2.22
> Upstream Author : Mark de Does <mark@mdedoes.xs4all.nl>
> * License : GPL
> Description : lightweight .DOC editor
>
> This was included in previous versions of Debian, but removed, *I believe*,
> for the reason that it was thought to be unmaintained...

http://packages.qa.debian.org/t/ted.html

#502776 gives the reasons for removal. The previous maintainer requested removal.

> Please remove "ted":
>
>  * Unmaintained upstream.
>
>  * DSFG problems - the upstream maintainer has added additional restrictions
>    on top of the GPL which are extremely unlikely to be resolved. The full
>    details are in #501638. This bug is lenny RC.
>
>  * GTK frontend missing due to inability to build.

The problems described in #501638 would mean that the package would not
be allowed back into Debian unless fixed.

--

Neil Williams