Re: Proposal: Making Debian compiler agnostic

2012/8/28 Paul Tagliamonte wrote:

>> Just curious, do you have a list of such packages?
>
> No, I've not built up such a list. I've seen it enough for me to recall
> this edge-case. Most packages with a lone Makefile usually have:
>
>   CC=gcc

Notabug. :) I guess this is how it's supposed to be by Makefile design.
It's not a "hardcode". It's an option. You can always change it, just run:
  make CC=anothercc
(Note: not `CC=anothercc make`) It's a (known?) makefile feature. Those
variables in the beginning of a Makefile are often there just for that.

--
  Serge