Re: Minified javascript files

On 08/22/2012 10:09 PM, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Also please remember the Social Contract:
> Our priorities are our users and free software.
>
> If I would remove an otherwise free piece of software I'm not using in
> the binary package just because the original, non-minified version of it
> is missing, I think that I would violate the SC.
Did you miss the word *free* in "free software"?
It's actually a quite important word... ;)

I'm afraid I don't agree with your reading of the SC.
I believe we want the *full* source code of what we release.

While I can agree that removing the minified version of a
javascript script from the original source might be seen
as (arguably) a little bit extreme and annoying (but I do
respect this view), I really think we *do* need the normal
non-minified version of every script and build from that.

I don't think anyone else has argued otherwise in this
thread (please correct me if I'm wrong here...), we have
only been discussing removing the minified version from
the original sources only (but didn't discuss the fact
the non-minified version should be there *always*).

Cheers,

Thomas