Re: Enabling uupdate to simply remove files from upstream source

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 05:20:24PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > I don't get what you want to express:
> >
> > $ LANG=C apt-cache policy libparse-debcontrol-perl
> > $ LANG=C apt-cache policy libdpkg-perl
> >
> > Both modules have version >= 1.00.
>
> Module not package, sorry, I thought it was clear from the context.

Sorry, I'm not that involved in Perl and somehow assumed that the
package version has some relation to the module version

> See:
>
>   /usr/share/doc/libdpkg-perl/README.api
>
>   $ dpkg -L libdpkg-perl|grep 'Hash\.pm'|xargs grep VERSION

It seems my assumption is not that wrong:

dpkg -L libparse-debcontrol-perl|grep 'DebControl\.pm'|xargs grep VERSION
use vars qw($VERSION);
$VERSION = '2.005';

So your conclusion from module version >= 1.00 to stability of API
remains unclear to me because both look somehow stable.  As I have
written in my example test code:  It does not really matter which one
we prefer - both are working perfectly fine.  I'll leave the final
decision to the maintainer of uscan code who needs to accept the patch.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de