Re: can we (fully) fix/integrate NetworkManager (preferred) or release-goal its decommissioning

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 07:59:00PM -0400, Chris Knadle wrote:
> The first suggestion I have is to look at Wouter Verhelst's 'ipcfg' project
> [1],

Thanks :-)

> which he gave a talk about on the last day of DebConf12 [2], and which is
> currently a work-in-progress, thus making it a good time for this kind of
> input. His plan for the project addresses many of the typical complaints about
> NM, as well as other network managers, and I think he's got some very
> interesting ideas and thoughts about the problems you've described.

It's nowhere near ready yet, however. Last week was the first time I
managed to do anything on ipcfg since debconf (hey, I have a life, too).

_Maybe_ I'll get this to a somewhat working state for Jessie, but that's
by no means certain.

the following formula:

pi zz a