Re: can we (fully) fix/integrate NetworkManager (preferred) or release-goal its decommissioning

 ❦ 19 août 2012 20:32 CEST, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> :

>> 1) In parts it has some security issues.
>> - At least the default setting seems to be that any user can connect to
>> any network.
> [...]
>
> According to README.Debian:
>
> To allow users to connect to the NetworkManager daemon they have to be in the
> group "netdev".

But also:

  Alternatively you can install the "consolekit" package which will
  grant access for all locally logged in users.

But all this can be changed by altering the appropriate file in
/etc/dbus-1/system.d.
--
Follow each decision as closely as possible with its associated action.