Re: can we (fully) fix/integrate NetworkManager (preferred) or release-goal its decommissioning

 ❦ 19 août 2012 20:32 CEST, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> :

>> 1) In parts it has some security issues.
>> - At least the default setting seems to be that any user can connect to
>> any network.
> [...]
> According to README.Debian:
> To allow users to connect to the NetworkManager daemon they have to be in the
> group "netdev".

But also:

  Alternatively you can install the "consolekit" package which will
  grant access for all locally logged in users.

But all this can be changed by altering the appropriate file in
Follow each decision as closely as possible with its associated action.