Re: can we (fully) fix/integrate NetworkManager (preferred) or release-goal its decommissioning

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 07:26:46PM +0200, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
Until "recently" all that wasn't a big problem, because one was easily
able to simply not install NM, but nowadays more and more packages start
to depend on it (of those I know, most notably gnome-core) or at least
use it's functionality to determine whether one is online or not.

I don’t use NM, but I have it installed (you mentioned the dependencies). I have a „exit 0” in the init script, so NM won’t be started. I don’t see any problems with other applications (e.g. Pidgin).

So try it, and if it works for you, you can ignore NM.

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |