Re: Change default PATH for Jessie / wheezy+1

On 08/09/2012 11:43 PM, Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez wrote:
"""
As of DebianSqueeze, if you ask for the Desktop task during the
installation, that pulls in sudo with a default configuration that
automatically grants sudo-ing rights to any member of the sudo group.
Depending on what user accounts you set up during the install, it's
still possible that you may not have been added to that group - you can
check by running groups.
"""http://wiki.debian.org/sudo

So, how can be the we add the first user of the system to sudoers and we
don't add sbin to his default paths?

For the record and at least up to squeeze, you do have a sudo group but you are *not* added to that group.

Second thing I do in a new installation after adding sbin to path is adding myself to sudo group... but that being a default is more debatable ;)