Re: "unblock" vs "freeze exception" usertags [Was: Bits from the nippy Release Team]

On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 15:42 -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jul 2012, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > bug - "reportbug release.debian.org" and selecting the "unblock" option
> > will set the correct usertags for you.
>
> what is the difference between those two user tags and if there is any should I
> retag freeze-exception ones as unblock?

I think the original intention was that an unblock request was for a
package that followed the freeze policy whereas an exception was for
packages that required, well, an exception.  Hopefully someone who was
more involved at the time will correct me if I'm mistaken.

In terms of those processing the requests for wheezy, the basic answer
is "absolutely nothing".  Indeed, there's been suggestions of dropping
the f-e tag.

Regards,

Adam