Re: Re: Re: [CTTE #614907] Resolution of node/nodejs conflict

Hi Philipp,

Philipp Kern wrote:
On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 04:38:21PM -0400, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
>  Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>  >On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 08:07:15PM -0400, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
>  >>   Thank you, but I would appreciate if debian-devel-announce would
>  >>   stay dedicated to important announcements which may be useful for a
>  >>   wide range of developers.
>  >tech-ctte resolutions do fit that bill. The tech-ctte is the highest
>  >dispute resolution body we have in Debian, and I think their doings
>  >deserve this level of awareness in the project.
>  although publicity of some resolutions may indeed be useful for a
>  wide range of developers, I fail to see many who would be interested
>  in the resolution on node.

The decision also states by example a way to resolve a situation of clashing
binary names with an interpreter involved, which is useful to know when you are
faced with a similar situation.

I for one don't think of the approach chosen as very hard to come up with, although it might be useful at some point. My point is really about the way this decision was announced though, and unless a significant number of developers are expected to face a situation of clashing binary names with an interpreter involved, I still think it would have been best to announce the decision differently.