Re: Re: Communication of technical committee decisions (Re: [CTTE#614907] Resolution of node/nodejs conflict)

Hi Thibaut,

Thibaut Paumard wrote:
Le 21/07/12 22:35, Filipus Klutiero a écrit :
>  Hi Arno,
>
>  Arno Töll wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  On 18.07.2012 02:07, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
>>>  Thank you, but I would appreciate if debian-devel-announce
>>>  would stay dedicated to important announcements which may be
>>>  useful for a wide range of developers.
>>
>>  While you are right in general I beg to disagree that tech-ctte
>>  resolutions do affect a small notion of developers only.
>
>  Although my message did imply that *some* tech-ctte resolutions
>  only affect a small portion of developers, I did not intend to say
>  that *all* tech-ctte resolutions do.
>
>>  Thus, I appreciate they are sent to d-d-a now. While the node
>>  naming conflict may not affect too many developer directly,
>>  implications resolved by any tech-ctte decision do per
>>  constitutional powers granted to that institution.
>
>  Well, they may, but I don't see any here.

Come on, do you remember the thread about the node/nodejs name
conflict?

No

[...]

This case will make jusrisprudence: next time a similar conflict
arise, we will now in advance how the tech-ctte is likely to rule.

The approach taken here isn't very unique. The only news is that this approach was judged to be the best in this specific case.

Just take it as it is: _every_ decision made by the tech-ctte _is_ an
important announcement (and there's still not to many, there have
probably been already more mails in this thread than the tech-ctte has
issued decisions to d-d-a this year).

Hum, a decision is not an announcement, no.