Re: RFC: Why are so many debian packages outdated?

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Svante Signell wrote:

> Now when Wheezy is about to be released I would like to raise an issue.
> How come that there are still so many outdated packages becoming part
> of Wheezy. Some package maintainers are very responsive in upgrading to
> new upstream releases, others are having packages several years old.

Yet another thread about this decade old "issue" is not really going
to help the release, since it takes time for reading it away from
potential RC bug fixing time.

Folks who are interested in avoiding reading threads like this might
be interested in the tool being discussed in this event at DebConf12:

http://penta.debconf.org/dc12_schedule/events/951.en.html

--
bye,
pabs