Re: EFI in Debian

On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 12:51:01PM +0000, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
> Tanguy Ortolo, 2012-07-04 14:13+0200:
> > A blog post explaining how to set up Debian to boot via UEFI:
> >    http://tanguy.ortolo.eu/blog/article51/debian-efi
> > A message to this list detailing the UEFI boot procedure and what is
> > required to support it:
> >    <je7174$b6p$1@dough.gmane.org>
> >    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/01/msg00168.html
>
> (basically, we already have everything needed to boot via UEFI (not with
> SecureBoot of course, though), only the Debian installer does not
> support it)

James Bottomly has been doing some work to support Secure Boot.  See:

      http://lwn.net/Articles/503820/

His work was done specifically to help other community distributions
beyond Ubuntu and Fedora.  We (the LF Technical Advisory Board) are
currently investigating if there is more the LF can do to support
distributions.  We're not in the position to promise anything just
yet, but if Debian has any suggestions of things that you might like,
do please let me know.

Regards,

						- Ted