Re: EFI in Debian

Steve McIntyre, 2012-07-02 18:42+0200:
> As you might have seen from recent discussions about the Fedora and
> Ubuntu strategies for how to deal with EFI and Secure Boot, there are
> potentially major issues in the area. In Debian we don't (yet) have a
> plan, so it's high time that we had some discussion. I've set up a BoF
> at DebConf for this:

I cannot attend, but hoping it can be useful, here are some pointers to
things I wrote some time ago on this subject.

A blog post explaining how to set up Debian to boot via UEFI:
    http://tanguy.ortolo.eu/blog/article51/debian-efi
A message to this list detailing the UEFI boot procedure and what is
required to support it:
    <je7174$b6p$1@dough.gmane.org>

 ,--.
: /` )   Tanguy Ortolo      <xmpp:tanguy@ortolo.eu>
| `-'    Debian Developer   <irc://irc.oftc.net/Tanguy>
 \_