Re: scim and assorted packages

Le Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 10:06:31PM +0900, Osamu Aoki a écrit :

> This is because no one wished to maintain it in IME Packaging Team
> <pkg-ime-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>.  I approved you to join.
>
> I understand ibus in current state is pain for dead-key lovers and scim
> has few more Chinese input method support (the lack of support for some
> of those for ibus was license review caused them to be blocked.  We
> never raised issue for scim since it was EOL at this moment.)
> http://code.google.com/p/ibus/wiki/ChineseTableLicenseAuditing

Hi,

thank you for the update on this list as well.

I think that we are in a typical case, where a bug affects a subcategory of
users, who are not well represented among the developers (probably using Ibus
for English-Chinese or English-Japanese switches), and who are not particularly
skilled to solve the problem by themselves.  Do-o-craty does not help here.

Perhaps one solution is to resort to pledge-based payed development ?  I would
be more than happy to pay for getting the support either in Wheezy or as a
backport.

By the way, how is that problem solved in Ubuntu ?  Perhaps there is a good
synergy to have there...

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy