video archive (Re: Report from the Bug Squashing Party in Salzburg

Hi,

On Sonntag, 24. Juni 2012, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > snippets on YouTube would help with publicity here.

feel free to upload Debian videos to youtube, if the licence allows so. this
has been done several times already...

> Please discuss that with the Debian video team.  But don't be surprised
> if they are unwilling to embrace nonfree services like youtube.

right :)

instead we have been working on http://debian.mirocommunity.org/ but the work
has been stalled in the last year or so...

personally, I do prefer ftp archives via http :-) But I have to admin that
python.mirocommunity.org is really nice and I know people loved the "web 2.0"-
like interface we had for videos+chatting at debconf11...

"But:" If you want to see such things happen, make them happen!

cheers,
	holger