Re: Report from the Bug Squashing Party in Salzburg

md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) writes:
> On Jun 21, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi> wrote:

>>> While some people understandably do not like to use proprietary online
>>> services managed by third parties, there is no consensus that using them
>>> for Debian purposes is inappropriate.

>> I believe there is a consensus that having the project recommend their
>> use, or having them used commonly, is inappropriate. I don't think this

> I believe that this thread shows that this is not correct.

I don't.  I believe this thread shows that a small number of vocal people
don't agree.  That number is much smaller than the total number of people
working on Debian, and as this topic has come up many times before, a
bunch of us who have had the conversation too many times and don't care to
have it again are (or, I guess for me, were) sitting it out.

I don't think this thread says anything meaningful about that consensus
one way or the other.