Re: Announce: script to automatically restart services after update of dependencies

Tomas Pospisek <tpo2@sourcepole.ch> writes:

> On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:10:46 +0100, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>
> wrote:

>>> Sounds useful, maybe put it in the debian-goodies package?
>
> I've proposed this to Javier [3] and it's been quite well received :-)
>
>> What, yet another feature reserved for those in the know?  Surely we
>> should be doing this by default.
>
> I agree. Could you suggest a way forward? Currently I'm aiming for
> debian-goodies, however maybe unattended-upgrades would be a better fit.
> However I think really it should go into apt-level inftrastructure.
>
> ?

I want to automatically restart services so that / and /usr can be
remounted read-only again. But I don't want unattended upgrades. So for
me debian-goddies is a better fit. Easy enough to add it then to the apt
config.

>>> Also, please blacklist gdm3 and dbus since restarting them currently
>>> kills GNOME sessions (and probably other user desktop sessions started
>>> by gdm3).
>
> Noted. I'll discuss this with Javier.
>
> PS: Sorry Ben for also replying in private to you. I'll have to get used
>     to mailing lists (and my web mail client) again :-o
>
> [3] http://bugs.debian.org/676509

MfG
        Goswin