Announce: script to automatically restart services after update of dependencies
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Announce: script to automatically restart services after update of dependencies
- From: Tomas Pospisek <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:40:52 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I want to announce restart-services here . It's a script
that tries to restart all services that have had their
dependency packages updated. This is primarily useful when
security-relevant libraries get security releases.
It's using checkrestart from the debian-goodies package to do
most of its work.
Together with the unattended-upgrades package it is saving me
a lot of system maintenance time, thus I am announcing it here
in the hope that it will save others a lot of time as well.