Re: Is it me or virtualbox memory management crap?

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 02:28:59AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
On 06/10/2012 11:55 PM, Stephan Seitz wrote:
Well, if I start Virtual Box on my notebook (4 GB RAM), the system
uses the swap partition.
Frankly, I don't know what the fuck virtualbox is doing
with its memory management, but I was tempted more than
once to file a RC bug with a title like this one:

Virtualbox fucks up Linux memory on nearly all cases

I didn't do it, because I'm unsure if what I'm experiencing
is to be considered "normal" or not, or if there are tricks
to avoid that.

I don’t know if this is normal. At least I can say, that I can use Virtual Box and Iceweasel together. The system gets slow, but it still is usable.

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |