Re: this bug .. bugs me

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 12:46:46PM -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
>> Not sure what to say other than when I became a DD and gained the
>> power to NMU, I started fixing this.  Before that, Ove's contributor
>> rejections blocked myself and many other non-DDs from effectively
>> helping.
> I would also be glad to hear opinions on whether regularly NMUing a
> package with a formally active maintainer is acceptable and whether it can
> be called a takeover.

We are announcing our deferred uploads at least 10 days in advance
(unless RC) with git commit references, so Ove can review and/or
cancel/reject our work at any point.  Thus, we haven't taken any of
his power away and it really can't be viewed as a "takeover".  A few
of us are choosing to do the necessary work and review while Ove
doesn't have the time to do either himself.

Best wishes,
Mike