Re: Orphaning php-codesniffer, then take it over by the PHP PEAR team

On 12-05-31 at 08:02pm, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 05/31/2012 04:36 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > Hijacking, in my vocabulary, is when a non-maintainer takes matters
> > in his/her/their own hands and takes over maintainership without the
> > consent of the former maintainer and outside formal Debian
> > procedures.
> >
> Nobody did that, or had the intention to do this here.
>
> I already asked you privately: please stop spreading wrong information
> about my intentions. This begins to be really annoying.

I have no intention of spreading or amplifying wrong information.

Do I understand it correctly that your intention in your original
post was to have the package orphaned and then have a team take over
maintainance?

Do I understand correctly that your intention in your original post was
(after having tried to reach the maintainer for 5 days and having
noticed that others have tried for several years) to have the orphaning
occur without the consent of the maintainer?

 - Jonas